20 July 2020
Friday 17th July 2020
Returning to school in September
The Government expects all children to return to school in September, and we are really looking forward to welcoming all our children back. The leadership team and governing board have now agreed how school will operate to conform with Government guidelines, and we expect school to open for Years 1 to 6 on Tuesday 1st September. However this will be subject to any change in the Government’s advice to schools over the summer holiday period.
Please read the attached booklet which gives all the necessary safety information for September. The key points are summarised below, but further information is in the booklet.
- No-one must access the site if they have symptoms of Covid-19
- Staggered start and end times for each class with one-way system
- EYFS will arrive at 9.00 am and leave at 3.25 pm.
- Year 1 will arrive at 8.55 am and leave at 3.15 pm.
- Year 2/3 will arrive at 9.10 am and leave at 3.30pm.
- Year 4/5 will arrive at 8.50 am and leave at 3.20pm.
- Year 6 will arrive at 9.05 am and leave at 3.35 pm.
- Only one parent/carer accompanying children
- Children kept in class groups; no mixing of classes during the school day
- Lunches in classrooms – school dinner children will have a “grab and go” lunch
- Only bring essential equipment to school
- Uniform to be worn except on PE days, when children should come in PE kit
- Breakfast and after school club reopen but move to the hall
- Communication with staff via email or telephoning office rather than face to face
- No whole school gatherings or events until we are advised this is safe to resume
- More frequent cleaning
- Lots of handwashing and sanitizing!!
We appreciate that some of these Government guidelines are inconvenient for parents, especially those with children in different classes; however, they are in place for the protection and safety of everyone in our school community to minimise adult contact. We hope we will be able to return to a more normal arrangement before too long.
We look forward to having all our children back in school, and you can be assured that we will do our utmost to settle your children quickly, help them rebuild and develop friendships, and make school enjoyable and safe for your child in September.
Thank you again for all you have done for your child during the last few months of home learning.
All the staff team wish you all a lovely summer holiday.
Joy Headley - Headteacher
Geoff Woods - Chair of Governors