Our vision for Computing is to develop
- successful learners who achieve their potential in Computing and digital literacy
- confident individuals who show initiative, independence, resilience and adaptability
- responsible and spiritual citizens who respect themselves and others online and are able to make informed judgements
- active engagement, drawing on appropriate outside expertise to enhance our Computing curriculum
Our curriculum is based on the Purplemash computing scheme, which identifies the key concepts and skills to be taught in each year group through discrete computing topics. The scheme of work supports teachers in delivering fun and engaging lessons which help to raise standards and allow all pupils to achieve to their full potential.
Our provision is mapped and planned effectively through an annual programme. The knowledge and skills in each unit of work are laid down in the scheme of work, which covers our overarching concepts of coding, online safety and digital literacy.
Our provision is further enriched with
- visiting speakers such as HMRC demonstrating technology for fraud prevention
- apps used across the curriculum in other subject areas
- use of apps such as Sumdog for homework
- participation in national initiatives such as Safer Internet Day